Thursday, July 8, 2010
Terrible Two's!!!
Well Evan has hit the terrible two's full force, and I'm about ready to throw in the towel! He doesn't listen, I don't think he'd listen if you paid him! We've long ago figured out that any kind of spanking or hand slapping doesn't work, it just makes him think it's ok to hit other kids-especially his little brother. So we threw that one out a long time ago. I've tried locking him in his room, that works sometimes but not very often. Now we're doing the timeout in the corner thing and I'm desperately hoping that that works. So if anyone else has any suggestions I'm totally open because I don't know what else to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



we do the timeout in the corner and it seems to work with my guys...they don't listen either. they go to timeout until they say they are ready to listen or whatever the issue is (that is the question i ask and they answer yes or no) if they say yes, they get up we hug and i tell them that i love them but they need to listen or it makes mommy sad.
ReplyDeleteYes, we're trying the time out in a corner thing. It's working better now than four or five months ago, he'll actually go to the corner when we tell him and even stay for the most part. When time out is over I always get down to his level and make him look at me while I tell him calmly what he did was wrong. However some days our two very strong personalities clash and it's like WWIII in our house because Evan is throwing a fit and I'm either screaming or crying! But I'm going to start taking him to the park one day a week so he can get out some of his energy. And hopefully the backyard will be fenced in soon!
ReplyDelete