I realized earlier today that I never do a post that's just pictures and stuff of Evan, so here's one!
He loves laying on the floor to play with his toys.

I don't know what's up with this weird smile, but I think it was partly due to the fact that he'd just woken up.
Evan's terrible two's come and go as they please, so right now the rest of us just kind of along for the ride I guess lol! Some days he does fabulous...until 5. 5pm has always been this wall for Evan, he is a holy terror until we sit down for dinner. So the days that he does great, I dread 5pm and hope that somehow he does better...but that never happens. The only time that 5pm doesn't bring out the worst in Evan is if he is outside running around as he pleases. Thus the issue of the unfinished backyard rears its ugly head yet again! I'm crossing my fingers that in the next couple weeks the backyard is done. We're halfway through July, and I'm still waiting.
But on a positive side for Evan...yes there are lots of positives about Evan, I just don't always remember to post them! We've started working on potty training a little bit. I'm not getting too pushy because I think that he's still a little young to completely understand, but we're beginning to introduce the potty. We usually put him on it every night before bath, and he has about a 50% success rate so far. He actually has started to tell us that he has to potty, although we usually figure out that he tells us because he is either going potty right that second or he just peed. But the good part of that is that he's figuring it out and starting to put it together. Now if we could just get him to potty on the potty more often! We do give him a skittle every time that he pees on the potty like a big boy. I don't know what we'll do if he gets smart and tells us he needs to potty just to go and pee a tiny bit for his skittle and then soak his diaper. I'm hoping that never happens!!! (I'm crossing my fingers and toes that he never figures that one out!)
I think Evan has a new word or two for us every day. Right now he can point to his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, belly button, and toes and say each one. He can tell you the name and sound that a lot of animals are and make like horse, cow, sheep, kitty, doggy, piggy, chicken, duck, and frog. He obviously knows mommy and daddy, but he also says Abby a lot. Abby is my youngest niece who watches the boys whenever we need her to. Evan will surprise us sometimes and randomly ask for Abby. One day we told him she was at home and he got mad and said, "No! Abby!" So Josh and I decided that we could use a date night and had Abby babysit the next night. Evan was in seventh heaven playing with Abby all night!
He loves tractors and trucks, but he calls them all the same thing..."Gucks!" He loves to look at daddy's guck after Josh gets home. And he is not happy until you pick him up and take him to the window so he can look at it and tell you that it's daddy's guck! He's definitely a farm boy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment