Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Quarter of a Century Old...

So yesterday was my birthday...yay me! I celebrated by doing some "me" shopping Tuesday night. I left the boys with Josh and off I went to go run a few small errands that I've been needing to do for a few weeks now. Went to Hobby Lobby to get some scrapbooking stuff, Younkers for eyeliner, bath and body works for wallflowers refills, and Staples for a binder and page protectors to put together a cookbook for my mom. Nothing special, just a bunch of little things that are almost impossible to get done while toting two rambunctious boys along with you.

The best part was dinner last night. We went out to West Des Moines to have dinner at Olive Garden. Josh isn't really a huge fan, but since it was my birthday he said he'd take me. Dinner was delicious and I couldn't finish my meal-which is normal for the size portions you get there! I was kind of hoping to try one of the desserts, they had a chocolate mocha cake that looked amazing, but I definitely didn't have any room left for dessert! Maybe another time. :)

I told Josh months ago that all I wanted for my birthday was to fly out to Arizona to see my bestest friend in the world! So I booked the flight a week ago and was completely content with my present. I should've known that Josh had other plans in store. He totally surprised me Tuesday by giving my a kindle! I love it, it's amazing! It's easier to hold than a regular book, but you feel like your reading a regular book! I don't know how else to describe it. I can't wait for my flights now because I won't have to take a huge bag of books and magazines with me for something to do on the plane! I'll put this in writing for the first time ever...I have the most amazing husband! He may have forgotten mother's day, but he definitely went all out for my birthday!!!

And now the countdown begins!!!! Just over two weeks before I leave for Arizona! I'm nervous and excited. I've NEVER left the boys for even one night let alone four, but I'll get to spend some quality time with Melissa which I have been missing a lot. I would start packing already, but we have a family weekend in Ackley next weekend that I have to pack for first! Eeek! We have a very busy few weeks ahead of us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! I'm so excited too! We are definitely overdue for some quality time :)

    Also, who do you know in Ackley?

    ReplyDelete