Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just a little busy...

...doesn't begin to describe my week so far. With four, yes four, other boys running around the house this week things have been a bit hectic to say the least. There's almost always someone crying or whining because someone stole somebody's toy, or pushed him over, or won't share toys. I've been interrupted four times just trying to get this post started. And of course 95% of the problems have been started or caused by Evan. He's not used to sharing his toys, or having so many other kids running around his house so whenever there are other kids here it's a whole new environment.

Monday Evan and Colton had a head-on collision, which left both boys crying with big red bumps on their foreheads. Thankfully I keep two bags of frozen pees for just such an occasion. The bumps are gone today, so there are no long-lasting marks at least.

Andrew has been an absolute bear this week. He hasn't been eating the greatest. Today was the first day that I got him to take a normal morning nap, the last two days he didn't take a morning nap at all. And his normal 2 hour afternoon nap has only been about an hour. I'm really hoping that he takes a good afternoon nap today. I'm hoping this is just a growth spurt or that he has new teeth getting ready to come in.

This week has made me realize how much we really need the backyard to be done. It's a mud pit right now because it's rained so much since we tore the stump out. Hopefully it dries out soon so we can finish it and put the play area in. This week would've been so much easier if I'd been able to take the kids out to the yard in the mornings. Maybe next time, I guess.

The good news for me is that life goes back to normal tomorrow. The four daycare kids go back to Vikki's so it'll be back to just me and my two boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment