So tonight at 5:30 I realized that I had no plans for supper. But I did have a couple of chicken breasts thawed out in the fridge, and all of the fixings to make chicken quesadillas and homemade guacamole. So about thirty minutes later we had supper! :)
Chicken Quesadilla's-I didn't make the pico de gallo but I sometimes do.
So, if anyone is wondering how to make these...I can't tell you, it's a secret. Lol! Kidding!!
The quesadillas are super easy and you can add/change whatever you want to.
Tortillas
1-2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts-cut into small bite-size pieces
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp fajita seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C taco sauce(we like medium)
1-2 C shredded cheese
1 C sliced mushrooms
1 C sliced green pepper
1 C sliced onions
2 Tbsp butter
nonstick cooking spray
In a med skillet heat oil over low/med, add chicken and sprinkle paprika and fajita seasoning on and saute until chicken is cooked through. While the chicken cooks, in another skillet combine the 2 Tbsp butter with the sliced onion, mushroom, and green pepper. Saute until the veggies are cooked-onion will be translucent. In a small bowl combine the sour cream and taco sauce, set aside. Heat a lg skillet over med heat then spray with cooking spray. Put a tortilla in the pan then spread the sour cream and taco sauce mixture-use as much or as little as you want. Sprinkle chicken on, then some of the sauteed veggies, some shredded cheese, then top with another tortilla. (Sorry I don't have exact amounts, I came up with the recipe on my own and just kind of do as much or as little as we want.) Once the bottom tortilla is browned a little-usually takes a few minutes, spray the top tortilla with cooking spray then carefully flip the quesadilla with a large spatula. Cook another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is browned a little. Transfer to a cutting board to cool a little before cutting. Cut like a pie-into 6 pieces. My kids love these! And sometimes when I'm feeling a little lazy I skip the sauteed veggies.
Homemade quacamole, I have no recipe for lol! But here's what I do, peel and pit 4-5 avocados and put them in the food processor with approx. 1/4C lime juice and salt to taste. Blend until creamy. Scrape into a plastic container and add about 1 C of pico de gallo. Mix together and enjoy! If it sits overnight it's usually even a little bit better the next day. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment