Sunday, January 22, 2012

Not-So-Lazy Sundays

This morning I woke up and for some reason decided that I was going to be energetic and productive today. But thanks to this being my third pregnancy and my chronic pubic bone pain from all the hormones, I can't do as much as I'd like to. But I'm making baby steps and taking a break here and there. So far this morning I've...
Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
Made sticky rolls
Made a double batch of ham balls-which is enough to make us five meals!
And I've got chicken breast cooling right now to make chicken salad for sandwiches.
Started a load of laundry
Whew!

Then I plan to make fruity pebble rice krispie bars-something I've had the ingredients to do and have been craving for a month! I'm also going to make some no-bake peanut butter drop cookies because after reading another blog this morning about no-bake peanut butter drop cookies (same thing but I use corn flakes and she used Special K) I decided those sounded really good. :)

And all of this after getting a lot of the basement cleaned up and re-organized. (I had to take Extra Strength Tylenol yesterday afternoon after working in the basement for over an hour straight.) We're slowly but surely getting things ready to start the bedroom remodel in the basement. I had to move about a dozen plastic totes and boxes from the current storage room to the newly designated storage room, which is also the furnace and sump pump room. Josh put up some really nice shelves in there, but we need at least one more big shelving unit. I also moved a ton of other baby stuff-bouncer, swing, exersaucer, jumperoo, bassinett, and a few other toys. Some of that stuff will come back out in a few months but right now it needs to stay put away.

Josh started back to work at Syngenta on Monday, and I sure do miss having him home!!! (Don't tell him I said that =P) It was so easy to go run to the store during nap, or run a few quick errands in the morning. But I know that he's glad to be back to work and doing something, he was getting bored at home. But since he's back working regular hours, I decided I really need to get back to doing meal planning and making sure that he has food to take for lunch. Which is what the chicken salad is for. I probably should make some pasta salad too so he has something to eat with his sandwich. We'll see how ambitious I'm feeling after the rice krispie bars, the chicken salad gets assembled, the no-bake cookies, and I keep doing more laundry lol!

So much for a lazy Sunday! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment