One of the things that makes naming kids hard for me is, I'm not a big fan of repetitive initials. Josh's initials are JOJ, his sisters are AJJ, his mom's are SJJ...and for some reason that just drives my OCD crazy. So with the boys any J name was automatically out because to me it feels like a mouthful. And for girls, one of my favorite girls names has always been Josie. But Josie Jacobson sounds a little bit like a mouthful. And one thing I take into consideration when we're choosing a name, is how the name will sound when they are 30 years old and they work as a construction worker, lawyer, fire fighter, waitress, or whatever it is they choose to do with their life. There are a ton of cute names out there, but how will that name sound when they are 30 and working out there in the professional world? So that's why I tend to lean toward the more classic and traditional names.
So here's our current list of girls names. I will not give any hints about which name I really love or Josh loves. We are one of those couples who keeps the names a secret, I think it makes it more fun for everyone else later when she's born. :)
Mackenzie Alice
Karlie/Karley Ellen
Stella Louise
Isabella(Ella) Alice
Sophia Alice or Ellen
Camille(Millie) Alice
Amelia(Amy or Millie) Ellen
But who knows what in the world we'll end up choosing. With Evan we went to the hospital about 75% sure we were naming him Owen Donald. And then we brought home Donald Evan! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment