Monday, February 13, 2012

Listening Bootcamp

If you follow me on facebook, then you probably saw that I started a listening bootcamp with the boys today. I should start off by saying that the boys inherited mine and Josh's stubborn attitudes so we're now having to deal with kids who don't listen unless we scream at them. Today I decided that I wasn't just tired of screaming, I'm done screaming at them to get them to quit. So I quickly came up with a game plan and put it into action.

First offense: Verbal warning
Second offense: 3 minutes in the corner(all at once not in ten second intervals)
Third offense: Spanking and 3 minutes in the corner
Fourth and subsequent offenses: Ten minutes in bedroom

Within about an hour both boys were doing a "lockdown" in their bedrooms. And within two hours they've done multiple lockdowns. But it seems to be helping already. I'm hoping that Josh can help me with this plan to stay consistent so that by the end of the week we might actually end up with kids that listen pretty well by the end of the week.

I will say that after Evan spent his third lockdown in his bedroom he came straight out to the living room and started picking up his toys-which is what he was supposed to be doing before he got sent to his room for not listening. So right now I'd say that it must be helping. But we'll see how it goes after I have bowling Wednesday night and Grammy is here. (Let's just say that Grammy is a big softy.)

I'll have to do a follow-up post later this week on how the boys are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment