
Well, I'm 27 weeks and according to the nurse at my OB check up today I'm officially in my third trimester...when in the world did that happen??!! I had an ultrasound today to check my cervical length, which is good. And my OB said that I'm not softening or dilating at all yet which is great. But to be safe he wants me to start coming in every two weeks just to make sure things continue to go well. Today I also had my glucose screening, which was also great. My blood sugar was actually low because I hadn't really had time to eat breakfast this morning. They also said that my iron is a little low, and asked me if I was taking my prenatal. Of course that was when I had to confess that I have been TERRIBLE about taking it but have been better the last couple of weeks. So my OB urged me to remember it and that it probably wouldn't hurt to add a daily iron supplement. *Rolling eyes* He wants me to add another pill to my day when I struggle to even remember to take my prenatal...but I'll try!
The ultrasound was technically only supposed to check my cervix but I asked the tech if she would double check the gender for me because after having 2 boys I'm still just a little unsure that this baby is actually a girl. So she looked and sure enough she's still a she! :) Miss J was being stubborn, I know that's shocking! She was breech again today and my OB informed me that with my uterus the odds of her turning now are fairly slim. But I'm hoping that she does. And she also wouldn't give us a good profile shot but I got to see her yawn and throw a couple punches.
Hopefully everything stays pretty quiet for the next few appointments, I don't want to have to deal with bed rest or pre-term labor. So I'm trying to take it as easy as I can for now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment