Monday, October 18, 2010

What we've been up to...

Although a new blog pops up on my page every day, I'm not sitting at my computer every day. I got smart and scheduled a bunch of the daily blog challenge posts ahead of time because I knew I'd be really busy this last weekend. And I definitely was.
Saturday I spent the entire day-9:30am to 11:00pm-at an all-day scrapbooking workshop in Nevada. I got quite a bit done in my albums and am proud to say that Evan is officially born! :) Now I just need to figure out which pictures I want in the family album and which ones I want in Evan's. This is also where things start to get a little crazy because now I'll always have 2 albums going instead of just one. But I got a great idea from a woman I met at a scrapbooking thing last fall. For her girls' albums she only does 12-2 pg spreads a year, in other words 24 pages per year. Instead of doubling up and having to do repeat pages in all three albums-her family album and then her 2 daughter's albums-she does pictures of everyone in the family album, pictures of daughter #1 only in her album and daughter #2 only has pictures of her in her album. Which seems like common sense until you get to holidays. But she says she does one 2-pg spread of Christmas and only puts pictures of the one daughter in her own album. Because she usually does one 2-pg spread of pictures of the sisters together. I thought that was the smartest idea ever and am totally stealing it for my albums! The rest of the good pictures I'll just-gasp-put in a regular photo album or never print at all.

I took the boys out for one more ride in the combine-I'll do another post later to show how much fun they had!

I've been spending the mornings up at my friend Angie's helping her out on the days that she has her physical therapy appointments. But of course I keep forgetting to take pictures of the kids playing with their friends. I need to do that so I have something fun to scrapbook! :p

Josh is officially done with harvest. He's finishing up some tillage but after that's done he'll be ready for planting season! :D They do have some "chores" to do around the farm, some things that were neglected this summer since they did all of their own spraying. So they'll be taking care of that. Josh is also going to be helping one of their friends doing some tile installation. Joe has a lot of old tile that needs to be replaced and a lot of fields that just need more drainage. So he's asked Josh to help do that since the guys he has working for him don't know that much about it and Josh is pretty good at it. It's nice because it gives Josh something else to do this fall and it's some extra money. But it sucks because it means that even though harvest is done, Josh still isn't done yet. Sigh...I can't wait until the ground freezes so Josh can be home more again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment