Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 21-A recipe

Just one?! I already had this one typed up and it is probably THE BEST cookie recipe ever!

Nan’s Nummies Sandwich Cookies

Ingredients

Dough:

1 Cup butter, softened(I always use real butter, never marg.)

2 Cups all-purpose flour(May need a little more if it's humid and the dough seems too sticky)

1/3 Cup Heavy whipping cream

Sugar

Filling:

1/2 Cup butter, softened

1-1/2 Cups confectioners' sugar(Powdered sugar)

2 teaspoons almond extract (Can use vanilla, but almond is what I use)

4-8 teaspoons heavy whipping cream (I usually use 6, depends on the consistency and how humid it is)

Liquid or paste food coloring-optional

1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, flour, and cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with a floured cookie cutter. With a small spatula move cookies to an ungreased baking sheet then sprinkle tops of cookies with sugar.

3. Prick each cookie 3-4 times with a fork. Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes or until set-the edges of the cookies should just barely start to brown. I'd check them at 5 minutes, I know my oven tends to run a little hot so 5 minutes was all I baked them at. Remove to wire racks to cool. Or on newspaper or paper towels on your counter top or table.

4. For the filling, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, almond, and enough cream to achieve desired spreading consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired. Carefully spread the filling on the bottom half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. You can be fairly generous with the filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment