For non-fiction books I tend to sway toward law enforcement related books, for obvious reasons. :p (For those who don't know, I worked as detention officer for 4.5 years at my local sheriff's office and studied Criminal Justice in college. I have always wanted to work for the DCI-Department of Criminal Investigation-doing crime scene and forensic stuff.) I think one that really stuck with me was Armed & Dangerous: Memoirs of a Chicago Policewoman by Gina Gallo. She has a no holds barred attitude when it comes to talking about why she got into law enforcement and ultimately what made her quit. I love the fact that she isn't afraid to say exactly what happened or what her feelings were about different cases and situations. It definitely made me take second look at where I wanted my career to go and how hard I was willing to get there.



No comments:
Post a Comment