Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 25-Your Day--In Great Detail

I get up with whichever kid wakes up first, which is usually Evan around 7:30 or 8. We get up and have some breakfast and I always turn on some cartoons for him to watch while he munches on some cereal or yogurt. Once Andrew wakes up, I get both boys dressed, give Andrew breakfast, and start on whichever chores really need to be done. Which is almost always unloading and reloading the dishwasher followed by a couple of loads of laundry. I wish I could say I find the time to vacuum every day, but it's more like once or twice a week. The boys usually spend the morning playing, watching a couple cartoons, and generally driving me bonkers lol! In between breaking up wrestling matches-yes a 14 month old and a 2.5 year old have wrestling matches-constantly pulling Andrew off the couch where he likes to get into things on the end table that he isn't supposed to have, tripping over toys, and yelling at Evan for any number of bad behaviors he's picked up lately I barely even have the time to go to the bathroom!

I start lunch at about 11 so that the boys can eat at about 11:30 and I can sit down and watch the last half of Y & R-the only soap that I still watch faithfully! Once lunch is over I clean off the table and high chair and either finish loading the dishwasher or put the dishes in the sink to wait for the current load to finish. If I remember I go switch loads of laundry. Then do one last diaper change before nap time at 1. I weaned Andrew off his nap time bottle a couple months ago and he goes down without a problem. Evan on the other hand is a different story. Sometimes he goes right to bed and other times he isn't asleep until between 1:30 and 2. (So if anyone has any good tips for getting a 2.5 year old to nap, I'm open for suggestions!)

If I'm lucky I get two hours of silence. I usually end up watching the shows I DVR'd the night before while I clean up their toys and then work on a craft project. Right now I'm trying to finish up my counted cross-stitching Christmas gift and I also started crocheting a scarf for a friend who was diagnosed with cancer. Yet again Evan is almost always the first one up from nap. And lately he hasn't been sleeping any more than 1.5 hours. We usually end up snuggling on the couch together watching TV for a few minutes until Evan decides his toys are much more interesting. And he almost always immediately asks for his afternoon snack. Thankfully Andrew has typically been sleeping for about 3 hours in the afternoon, but he also has 6 teeth coming in right now so I suspect it's wearing him out a bit.

Once both boys are up from nap and have had their snacks. I'm typically right back to work chasing them around. The afternoons have been amazing lately so we've been taking advantage of our fenced-in backyard a lot lately. The boys run around and play while I sit on the patio and read my kindle. I typically start getting supper ready about 5 or so since we try to eat about 6 or 6:30. I wish I could say that I'm still as consistent as I used to be about what time we eat supper but since it's prime Harvest season I've pretty much been a single mom and easily lose track of the time chasing the boys!

Assuming we eat supper at our normal time, the boys get to play for about an hour before it's time for a bath and then it's off to bed! Evan is usually in bed by 8:30. Andrew still takes a night time bottle so he's usually in bed by 9. After the boys are both asleep, I usually end up staying u late finishing up chores, folding clothes, watching TV or a movie, reading, or crafting. Sometimes I'm doing a couple of these at the same time lol! I've always been a multi-tasker. I finally crawl into bed around midnight and get just enough sleep to get up and do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment