Tuesday, May 1, 2012
38 Weeks
Yup, I'm 38 weeks and I'm still very pregnant.
I had a bit of an emotional pregnancy hormone day Sunday and really kind of wished I could have just hidden out in my bedroom all day. I'm definitely starting to get the end of pregnancy blues, and am ready for Miss J to come out.
Everyone keeps reminding me...But you have PLENTY of time until your due date, your not even overdue! And to those people I just want to say...SHOVE IT! The reason I'm getting so frustrated is because I had preterm labor with Evan, Andrew came early, and now I have a baby who is evidently perfectly content to stay in my uterus. I keep repeating to myself in my head over and over, "You can't stay pregnant forever. The baby HAS to come out eventually." So far it's not really doing much to make me feel better, but I know that she WILL come out...eventually...and I just have to suck it up and try to be patient.
I had my weekly check up today, and everything is still going fine. Dr. D said I'm *maybe* 1.5cm dilated, but honestly I think he just said that to try to make me feel better because I kind of griped about how I was probably still only 1cm. So, since we've had no change I'm even more discouraged. However I'm fairly confident that she will come when she's ready. Leave it to a girl, and a Jacobson girl no less, to show us all that we run on her schedule. I think this is just the beginning of us learning that the world revolves around her. ;)
The other day Andrew told me he wanted to see "sister." (The boys know Miss J's name but we're still not telling, so they call her by her name but I'm filling in with sister to keep you all in suspense ;) lol) I had to tell him that he can't because she's still in my belly. So he tried to pull up my shirt to look at my belly. The boys really seem to be excited about the baby. Let's hope that the excitement continues after she's here lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment