Tuesday, May 8, 2012
39 weeks
I've officially reached 39 weeks, which is the longest I've ever been pregnant. I had my weekly check up today and although I haven't progressed all is still going well. I'm still only 1cm dilated. This absolutely astounds me because I have contractions ALL THE TIME!!!! Baby dropped 2-3 weeks ago now, and I've had a ton of pressure on my cervix, but evidently all of this is doing nothing for me. Miss J's heart rate was 128, and she is still as active as ever.
So today Dr. Turner-an OB that I have never met with before-asked me what the plan was if I do end up going overdue(since I'm going for a VBA2C). I told her that Dr. Hancock and I have never discussed it because we honestly didn't think it would happen lol! With my weird uterus and my history of early deliveries, having a truly full term pregnancy never occurred to me. So she scheduled me for an ultrasound and a non-stress test(lay on a bed for 20-30 minutes while being monitored for contractions and keeping track of the baby's heart rate to make sure things are still ok.) and I'll be seeing Dr. Hancock again.
In the mean time, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing. Cleaning, make weekly grocery runs to stock the fridge and pantry "just in case," clean some more, do lots of laundry, and chase after the boys. I'm ready for summer to be here. I love that Sandy has the summers off, this summer especially because the boys are going to need someone to take them out to do fun things while momma is stuck home with the new baby. I do plan on make a few trips out though. We have our family pass to the zoo and science center so we definitely need to use that. I *really* want to take the boys to the pool a couple times if I can get a helper or two. I'm not sure if we'll make it to Adventureland or not, mainly because of the baby. So we'll see about that one. I will be trying to walk off the baby weight though so I see many picnics at the park in our summer schedule. :)
Hopefully I'll be posting about Miss J's arrival instead of posting another belly picture in a week, but who knows! This little girl is definitely proving to be a little bit slower than the boys so it'll be interesting to see how her personality really is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment