Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Potty Training

I've been bombarded by family and friends for the last few months, asking when we'll start potty training Evan. And I've always said, I honestly have no desire to potty train Evan because he is more than content to sit in his own pee or poop all day. In fact, Evan has been one of those kids that can soak through a diaper in an hour if you aren't careful. He started wearing overnight diapers when he was only three months old because he slept all night and a regular diaper wouldn't work.
A couple months ago I started putting both boys on the potty every night before bath, just seeing if they'd go. It's been hit or miss with both of them. Sometimes they both get a skittle for going potty, and other times they are both crying because I won't give them a skittle since they didn't potty. But lately things have taken a bit of turn. Evan is actually really interested in potty training. The last few days, he's been saying he needs to potty. Sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't. And then there was today. Every time I changed his diaper, he was dry. A couple of times I changed him because he'd pooped, but he was never wet. And every time I took his diaper off he said, "Mommy, I poop on potty." Which is his way of saying he needs to go potty...don't ask me how he got hooked on this phrase because I don't have a clue! So I rushed him to the bathroom and sure enough, he'd pee on the potty. I think we might actually get him potty trained by his third birthday! I'm hoping it isn't just wishful thinking!
So, my goal over the next few weeks is to get him to tell me more often that he needs to go, and hopefully get him to start pooping on the potty too! I would love to get one of the boys out of diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment