Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another post from Miss Crafty!

As I'm sure you'd all be just shocked to know, I love crafts! I am a hands on person and love being creative. So other than my scrapbooking, I crochet. I love to crochet. I've been doing it ever since I was about 9 when I tagged along on a weekend trip with my brother Tylor to visit his friend Michael back in Indianola. We'd only been living in Maxwell about a year and I somehow wormed my way into staying the weekend in Indianola at the Ramirez's. Michael's mom Chris asked me if I knew how to crochet, I said No, and she said oh it's so easy let me show you. It's been a love-hate relationship ever since lol! I love to hate crocheting, and I hate to love it!

My first projects were epic failures. Countless times I started off trying to make a pretty baby afghan or a scarf and ended up with uneven stitches and something ultimately ugly. It's not been until recent years that I've actually been able to complete a project and look at and say, "Hey! That looks pretty dang good!" Granted I still haven't been able to make a completely "perfect" project but I've sure made a heck of a lot of scarves and baby blankets!

And now for the reason for this post. Yesterday I started my biggest project to date. I'm making a blanket for Evan. I found some awesome cotton yarn at a neat store in Prescott, Arizona when I was visiting Melissa. The blanket will hopefully be done in a year, I'm crossing my fingers on that one!!! And so far it's looking amazing! The ends are matching up nicely, and the tension is even. So far so good! Oh, I forgot to mention that the finished project is going to be a blanket big enough to cover a single or twin bed. Wish me luck! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment