Monday, January 31, 2011

In a Nut shell

My life has just been pure madness lately. When I'm not taking care of the kids and the house, I am working on my 31 stuff, either getting ready for a party or closing a party. I even have my first recruit which is just amazing, I love it! I am not complaining though, because I love being kept busy!

My hobbies have taken a bit of a backseat lately, which makes me sad. Mainly my scrapbooking has suffered, which is no fun because I'm falling further behind every day. But I will catch up eventually! I have however been working on a super cute crocheted blanket for Evan. He's going to be moving to a big boy bed soon so I wanted him to have a soft and comfy blanket. I've also been doing a lot of reading after the boys go to bed at night. My kindle has become my best friend! So if anyone has any good book suggestions let me have 'em! I'm a reading machine! lol!

As a step toward healthier living, Josh and I have both been making changes in our diets. We both gave up pop, are eating smaller portions, and I've been trying new recipes that are a bit healthier. Some have been good, a couple not so good. But you never know until you try, so we're just going to keep trying different foods so that we have a new collections of recipes to fall back on. I still make our favorites-like cow pie casserole, tater tot casserole, ham balls, cheesy potato casserole, chicken quesadillas, etc. We just eat smaller portion sizes. It actually works out well because then Josh has leftovers for work lol!

The next step is start getting into a regular workout routine. I've been going back and forth about joining a gym. My main reservation is, when in the heck am I going to have time to go to the gym?! I'm not a morning person, so getting up at 5am isn't an option. And Josh leaves for work at 6:30 so I'd have to get up at 5am-yuck! My only other option is to go at night after the kids go to bed. That doesn't bother me one bit, but I'll have to drastically change my daily routine and my meals. I don't want to have a big meal at 6pm just a few hours before I workout. Option 2 is what I'm currently considering. Working out at night is better than not working out at all right?! I have already lost a couple of pounds in the last week and half so I'm hoping to start seeing some better results when I start working out. Hopefully I can stick with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment