
Josh and I on our wedding day. :)
Wow, how quickly the time flies by. Five years ago today I married my best friend. The weather that day was absolutely gorgeous, the sun was shining, and it was actually pretty warm. I can't believe that was five years ago already. Here we are five years later with 2.9 kids, 3 cats, a great house that we've been slowly customizing to be the way we want it, and we are so very lucky and blessed that although there have some little bumps along the road we have had a great first five years of marriage. Josh was able to go home to the family farm full-time and help his dad, I was able to quit my full-time job at the sheriff's office to be a stay at home mom, and we don't have to follow any type of "corporate schedule" so when things on the farm are slow we can relax and enjoy the kids.

I can't wait to see what the next five years brings. We have the birth of our daughter that we're looking forward to, hopefully taking our first family vacation in the next year, Evan starts preschool in the fall, and I would love for us to be in a slightly larger house out in the country in the next five years. But I already know that the greatest thing about the next five years will be watching our kids grow and learn, and I love knowing that I won't have to miss anything!
I can't believe that this is the last family picture we have, from Christmas 2011.
I think we need to take a new one before Miss J arrives.



No comments:
Post a Comment