I really don't want to jinx myself, so I'm knocking on wood as I type this! A couple weeks ago I hit a deer in my beloved Jeep on my way home from Nevada. I barely tagged the back end of her as she ran across the road. I got the flash light out when I got home and couldn't see anything wrong with my car. I didn't think it was possible to get away with hitting a deer and not having any damage. The next day, with the help of some nice bright sunlight, Josh looked it over. There were two things broken, one was a clip holding the bottom piece of my bumper to the top piece. The other was the splash guard in the wheel well on the passenger side which helps hold the bumper up. So the left side of my bumper sagged just a little, but not something that screamed out "Look at me! I hit a deer!"
After a quick trip to the body shop at the dealership, I was given an estimate of the damages-parts and labor to fix everything. To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. I got incredibly lucky...$183.30 was the total. I don't know where this deer is, but I almost want to thank her for not totaling my precious Jeep! Most people who know me really well, know that my Jeep(s) aren't just a car they are like a child to me. I know most girls and women don't get too worked up over a car. But I just really, really love my Jeeps. I've been told by more than one salesman that once you own a Jeep you don't switch to another vehicle easily. And it's so true!
So now my car is all fixed and looking brand new again. Now if only it were a little big bigger... =P
That's good news that there wasn't more damage!!
ReplyDeleteI know!!! I'm just praying that I don't hit another one any time soon because it scared the heck outta me!!!
ReplyDelete