Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where has the week gone??

I just realized that I haven't done an update since Sunday. This has just been a hectic and somewhat stressful week and I don't really even know why.

With the weather being somewhat cooperative, Josh and Larry have been super busy spraying. This is a new "chore" for them this year as in previous years they have paid someone to spray for them. Last fall however they went in on a John Deere sprayer with another local farmer, so that they weren't paying someone else to spray and could better control what and how much they put on their crops. It's great for the farm because it means they aren't waiting for someone else to find the time to come and spray. But it's really sucky for me and the boys because it means that Josh is gone pretty much all day every day. I get so frustrated being home with the boys all day by myself with no help, it's been insane.

This week has really tested my patience with Evan and his terrible two's. But the one good thing is that once the spraying is all done-which weather permitting should be two days-our backyard remodeling process will finally continue! We're putting in an official play area for the boys. Since we bought Evan the great playset for his birthday, we now want to have a designated play area to put it in so we're not moving it to mow. The major roadblock in this project is the stump from the tree that we cut down last summer. It was supposed to be ground out last year and we just never got around to getting that arranged. Now however it has become very, very obvious that we should've done it last year!!! Evan is dying to get outside and play, but I can't take both boys out by myself because Andrew is a crazy crawling machine and Evan refuses to stay in the yard or listen to me.

So once the stump is gone, we're going to cordon off the southeast corner of the lot with some wooden landscaping logs and fill it in with rubber mulch. That's where the climber, play house, and pool are going to go. Then we're going to finish fencing off the backyard to help wrangle our crazy toddler. I cannot wait! There are so many mornings that the boys are up and full of energy and ready to play, but we don't have anywhere to go!!! So I'm excited to get the backyard done. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with Andrew. I'm thinking I'll probably have to get one of those big panel area gates to keep him contained, otherwise he'd be eating flowers and rubber mulch all the time! He's such a crazy baby!

The other fabulous thing about getting the play area done is that we can get Evan's little inflatable pool out so the boys can swim! Last summer I had Evan out in the pool almost every day, and why not?! It was a great way for him to have fun and stay cool. And with me being very large and pregnant at the time it was a way for me to sit and relax because I knew he wasn't going to go anywhere, the pool was just too fun! Andrew is already a huge fan of water. We went to my brother and sister-in-law's house this week to play and swim. I put Andrew in his floatie ring and he just floated around the pool the whole time. He never once made a single crying sound, he was just completely relaxed and loving the water. Evan is a different story. He only likes pools if he can touch the bottom, otherwise he throws a royal fit! So our little pool is just the right size for him. Now hopefully it's big enough for both of the boys otherwise we'll be investing in a new one already :s

No comments:

Post a Comment