Monday, March 22, 2010

It's just another Manic Monday.

After a busy weekend of scrapping, I didn't get much housework done. I was gone all day Saturday and half the day Sunday, so needless to say the house is a mess. Josh is the worlds worst housekeeper. He'll open a box or package and leave the wrapping or tab(s) on the counter instead of throwing them away. So I've really been looking forward to nap time today to get the house back in order and keep working on my spring deep cleaning that I started last week.

The problem with nap time in our house is that Evan is super easy to put down for a nap, and Andrew is so hard to get to sleep. I've been trying to get Andrew to self-sooth, and it's not working so well. Evan had been asleep for 20 minutes when I tried to put Andrew down. Andrew's crying woke up Evan, who as I type has been knocking on his door and crying for "daddy" for 30 minutes now. I don't think I can survive the rest of the day if Evan doesn't nap! Not to mention the fact that I have a lot of cleaning to do!!! I'm holding out hope that he'll fall back asleep since I think Andrew is now asleep.

It's spring cleaning time, and I am really looking forward to the day it's nice enough to open the windows and air out the house. I always try to do some deep cleaning in the spring, but this year since I'm home I've decided it's time to really do some cleaning and purge the house of all the junk and clutter that we really don't need. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to try to have a garage sale when Maxwell does it's annual city wide garage sale day, or just take the easy route and drop everything off at good will. I have at least two totes of mine and Josh's old clothes that I'm sad to admit were packed up when we moved to our house...they are still in the garage. I think it's time to finally get that stuff out of here.

Well, neither one of the boys is asleep so I guess it's probably time to admit defeat and just go get them :( I'm now really looking forward to 8 tonight when Evan is in bed for the night and Andrew is having his before bed snack...It's just another Manic Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment