Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Busy doesn't begin to describe it!

Having four boys, all under the age of three, running or crawling around the house half the day (Thank God for naps!) is exhausting! I had no idea how tired I would be at the end of each day. But this morning it was a bit easier to get out of bed and I've felt less tired today than the last two days. All morning long the two big boys play, and sometimes fight, so I'm able to do some laundry and I've been making some nice summer-ish foods. Yesterday it was pasta salad and today I make yummy chicken salad because I love chicken salad sandwiches. Andrew gets shuffled around between the jumperoo, the vibrating seat, the floor, and his carseat. He gets tired of one thing after about 30 minutes, but he stays entertained watching the big boys run around so that helps.

Clay, who's 16 months old, had got to be the worlds easiest kid! He entertains himself all morning, I just change his diaper a couple times. He eats great at lunch and doesn't really need much help from me to eat, which is nice since I have to feed Andrew his usual sweet potatoes with any other veggie mixed in because he'll only sweet potatoes. I found some awesome suction cup bowls at Target last week and those have been great for Evan, so I don't have to really feed him anymore either which makes meals so easy. Cole of course is old enough to feed himself. After lunch they play a little bit more and then it's down for a nap. I have successfully gotten all four boys down by 1 these first three days, so I'm hoping the last two days go just as easy. Andrew is the only one I ever have to struggle with. He didn't stay asleep long on Monday, but he's getting better. Plus he's been pretty tired with all the commotion of the big boys :D

And, I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but having four kids to watch is actually easier than just having two. They can play together or by themselves, so there isn't really anyone who is dependent on me for attention. Even Andrew has been less needy. My house has actually been staying cleaner even, which just doesn't seem to make sense! In the last two days I've gotten all of our laundry done, and all I have left to put away is the boys' clothes which will have to wait until after Cole and Clay get picked up today. I've ran the dishwasher Monday night and Tuesday night, but might get lucky enough to not have to run it tonight.

Another funny thing about having Cole and Clay here is that they drink milk...a lot of milk. We don't typically keep a lot of milk in our house because no one drinks it. But since Cole and Clay drink it, Evan has decided that it must not be that bad so he's been drinking it too. And not just one small glass, we're talking all he wants is milk! Who knew that even a 22 month old would be old enough to do something just because the other kids are. And I don't mean playing with a toy or saying something. But we usually can't get Evan to drink milk...ever. He's also usually very stubborn and isn't that good at obeying when we tell him No or to stop doing something. But with Cole here, who does listen, Evan minds much better. It's kind of funny how that works. Usually I don't think you could pay him enough to actually obey me or Josh, but bring in another boy about his age and I've rarely had to tell him more than twice. Hopefully the "Good Evan" sticks around even after the boys leave next week!!! :D Probably wishful thinking, but a mom can hope right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment