Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where does time go?!

I've been a slacker in the blogging department...sorry guys! I got home from Arizona Friday night...we had to go to Colfax and then head North from there to make it home because of all the flooding. Crazy! And then I spent all weekend cuddling with the boys and trying to recover from my long day of flying on Friday...left Phoenix at about 11:30(Western) and landed in Des Moines at about 6:30(Central). I was supposed to have an hour layover in Minneapolis, which I'd planned on using to grab a quick supper...WRONG! The flight into Phoenix was running late and the flight to Minneapolis was late due to some weather over the Twin Cities. We had to make a big circle around the city, not my idea of fun. I made it to my gate and only waited about 20 minutes before I boarded my next flight. Next time I'm booking my tickets a couple weeks earlier and getting the direct flights instead of having to make connections between here and there!

Tomorrow we're off to the fair. Josh and I decided that the boys just aren't quite old enough for the fair yet, so we're going alone. I'm really looking forward to going this year because I won't be huge and pregnant this time! Last year I was about 36 weeks pregnant with Andrew so being at the fair wasn't exactly my idea of a fun time. I think that was also the quickest we ever went through the fair...under two hours. We're kind of lame fair-goers though. We don't like to do any of the shows or concerts. We go in the morning to try to avoid the heat and miserable humidity. We stick around 2-3 hours, cruising through all of the different vendor booths and of course we go through the varied industries building to hit up Iowa Telecom for a discount and free stuff. Then we do something that a lot of people scoff at...we go to a nice Air Conditioned restaurant to eat lunch. We don't eat at the fair. Ever since we had Evan, going out to eat by ourselves to a nice sit-down restaurant has become a luxury. So we take full advantage of not having any kids and we go some place nice for lunch. Don't get me wrong, I love fair foods. But I'd rather eat in a climate controlled restaurant.

I promise I will do blogs later about all the fun things we did on my trip...there's just too much for me to tell about right now and it's getting late!

No comments:

Post a Comment