Monday, October 31, 2011

Learning to knit

I've been crocheting since I was 9. And I love it, I think it's so easy. A couple years ago I thought I'd teach myself how to knit and it just didn't work out. I got pretty frustrated so I decided that crocheting was easier. About a month ago I started looking for a cute shawl pattern. I quickly started to figure out that all of the shawls I really liked were knitted. Upon the advice from a couple of friends who knit, I went to youtube and watched some videos. I quickly decided that I could knit. so I pulled out my needles and gave it a shot. After a couple of tries I was able to successfully cast on the beginning of a practice shawl. The more I started watching other videos and thinking of other great projects I could do, I decided that I'd order some more knitting needles off of my favorite knitting/crocheting supply website. So now I'm just waiting for my new needles to get here because I'm going to try my hand at knitting a pair of longies for the new baby. (Longies are just wool knit pants, usually used as a diaper cover for cloth diapers.) I can't wait for my new needles to get here so I can start practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment