So let's do a quick recap on the last couple weeks. I took the boys to Theisen's in Ames to get them snow boots, jeans, and also some new jeans for Josh since his are looking pretty shabby. I will never, EVER, take the boys shopping like that on my own again...EVER! I had Andrew sitting in the cart so he was ok, but Evan was supposed to be walking with me and of course he thought it was really funny to keep running all around up and down the aisles. I finally got sick of trying to get him to listen, so I left the shoe area and "hid" from him. I could see him because I was behind a clothes rack but he hadn't seen me move. So he ran down one aisle and turned at the end to go down the next, where I should have been, but I wasn't there. He went from giggling to crying in less than three seconds. I walked around the rack just as an unsuspecting woman was about to ask him what was wrong. I told her I was trying to teach him a lesson about running around when mom says to stay put. She didn't look amused. (One of the problems with kids today!) Now I realize this is a phase that pretty much all kids go through. That's not the issue, I'm just tired of having "those" kids that don't listen unless your threatening to beat them! So I explained to him that he shouldn't run off like that and he needs to stay with mommy when we're out in public because he might really get lost in the store. Two minutes later he was giggling and running away again...ugh! (Insert palm to forehead here.) So I guess it's Evan-1 and Mommy-0
Last weekend was CMB's first joint homecoming weekend. Hannah and her friend Cheyenne asked me to do their hair, which of course I was more than happy to do. I loved the way Hannah's hair turned out! But right after the girls left Andrew decided that mom must have been wrong all those times she told him to stay away from the curling iron. He grabbed it-the hot end-with his left hand and burned his index finger. The rest of the day it was kind of red and he was understandably a little owly. But I was hoping for a better day on Sunday. He woke up Sunday with a small blister, so then of course I felt terrible. Even worse than I had the day before. But I asked him if it hurt and he said No, no matter how many times I asked. He woke up Monday, it was bigger. He woke up Tuesday, it was bigger. He woke up Wednesday and he could no longer come close to making a fist with his left hand because the blister was so big-I've got pictures on my phone I'll add later-and he'd started to make special accomodations for the blister. If he needed to rub his eyes he'd use the back of his hand since he couldn't make a fist. He wouldn't put any weight on his left hand when he was playing on the floor. I felt so bad for him! But he kept insisting it doesn't hurt. What a trooper! Then the dreaded thing happened late Wednesday morning...it popped. I thought for sure that there would be tears and I'd have to take him to the doctor to get it treated and bandaged...nope. He again insisted it didn't hurt. But of course I didn't want it to get infected or anything so I put a copious amount of neosporin on it, put gauze on top, and then wrapped his finger and whole hand. He took all of my fussing like a pro! We're now over a week past the initial burn and he's still good. The dead skin has all been picked away, either by Andrew or me, and I still wrap his hand at night to keep neosporin on it to help protect the new skin. I swear my kids have to learn everything the hard way!
That's about all that's happened. We're pretty boring lol!



No comments:
Post a Comment