Monday, February 7, 2011

Darn Flu!

Just when I thought our days of puke buckets were over...the flu finally hit me. I don't usually ever get the flu, in fact this is the first time I've had the stomach flu in years. And usually I just get a bit of an upset stomach and have to eat plain foods for a few days. But Saturday morning I threw up when I was getting ready to leave for Kansas. Josh told me I probably shouldn't go but I did. I still managed to have a good time. But spending four hours driving there was more tiring than I thought it would be. I ended up going to bed at 8:15 Saturday night...I know, I'm a party animal right?! Sunday I was hoping to sleep in but Andrew woke up a little before 7. And I wasn't actually asleep because my cousins bed was about as comfortable as a granite floor. Andrew and I hung out Sunday morning while my mom and her sister Linda went down to Leavenworth to pick up a table mom and dad had bought on one of their recent trips to the area. I was thankful for the time to rest because I was having such bad stomach cramps. But last night I felt great, I had a good supper-more than I'd eaten all weekend-and went to bed about 11:30. Then this morning I woke up to Josh puking. So I am really hoping that this bug doesn't hit the boys but it probably will. I'm supposed to be watching kids Wednesday through Friday so I'm really hoping that I don't end up having to cancel!

No comments:

Post a Comment