Friday, May 7, 2010

So much to do and so little time...

I ordered a couple of acrylic scrapbook albums to make mother's day gifts for my mom and mother-in-law. I got them about a month ago and thought, a month is plenty of time to get them made up. It is when you actually have the time to do it! I stayed up until 1:30 twice the last three days just working on one of them. I'm sure I'll be up until 1 or later again tonight trying to finish the first one and start the second. Here's some pictures of the first one...I still need to add the pictures.

The pictures of the boys are actually on plastic tags. I used liquid glass from CTMH as an adhesive so that you'd be able to see the whole picture clearly. They turned out really well. You can see some of the "layers" of pages. The curved vellum is actually the second page. So the only thing on the first page is "MOM"

The rectangle on the upper left side is actually a little half page. I think I had a pre-printed saying on vellum on the opposite side. The "GRANDMA" page actually only has paper on the middle of the backside. The red is from the next page.

For this page there's red on the front and then this blue and white scalloped print on the back.

Since doing these projects I found out that spray adhesive works much better for acrylic albums. I wish I'd known that before! But they still turned out cute. And they'll look even better when I get pictures put in them. Unfortunately I didn't have the pictures printed and in the albums for mother's day, but I gave the albums anyways. Mom and Sandy still thought they were super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment