So today it hit me. I've been trying to make Stella fit into my nightly routine, so I've been giving her a bath at the same time as the boys and then making her wait to go to bed until after the boys were in bed. The problem with that is that most nights the boys don't go to bed until 9 or 9:30.
Tonight I tried something new. She actually starts to show signs of being ready for bed around 7. So tonight at 7 I gave her a bath, swaddled her up, and fed her. And what do you know, she fell asleep. She didn't stay asleep, she woke up at 8:30, but after a snack at about 8:45 she went back to bed. But this is not unusual, I usually spend about 2 hours trying to get her to sleep anyways. But usually once she's down, she's down for a while.
The good side to this is I'll now be able to go back to doing my own things before bed, or in the case of tonight just get our laundry put away. But now I might actually be able to start making some progress on my knitting projects again!
The bad side to this is that if Stella continues with her normal sleeping routine she will now be waking up somewhere around 3 or 4. But again if she follows her normal routine she will most likely go right back to sleep-I hope!
Here's crossing my fingers hoping that I can get her to stay on this routine and that maybe I'll feel a little bit more accomplished at the end of the day. :)
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment